[OS X TeX] Re: Using align with "or"

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Mon Apr 18 02:49:52 EDT 2011

Le 18 avr. 2011 à 06:14, Mckale, Kaleb a écrit :

> I would use array for this problem inside of an align* environment--assuming you don't need each line numbered (which of course is not that hard to do in addition but requires some more explanation).

The amsmath "alignment building blocks" gathered, aligned and alignedat (amsldoc.pdf §3.7) are probably doing smart things that array doesn't, like making sure "=" just after an "&" is added proper spacing for a relation on either side; with array that would require "& \mbox{} =" I think.

So I'd recommend against array for anything else than a matrix, and use of aligned or alignedat instead.

Bruno Voisin