[OS X TeX] command line with TeXShoP?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Aug 11 09:02:24 EDT 2011

On Aug 10, 2011, at 9:40 PM, Gregory Penn wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm a new to TeXShop, and to LaTeX as well. I'm trying to utilize the memoir package's glossary function, which uses MakeIndex, with a custom configuration file, to process a glo file to produce a gls file, which produces the glossary. I can't figure out how to use MakeIndex to do this through TeXShop. The memoir documentation prescribes command-line codes, but I haven't figured out whether TeXShop provides a command-line interface. If it doesn't, I can probably figure out how to do it through the terminal, but I have no idea where the executables I'd need are. Hopefully I can do it with TeXShop.
>
> Cheers,
> Gregory

Howdy,

The easiest way to go is to use the latexmk engines. Assuming that the memoir package imitates the glossaries/glossary package in its naming convention it should jsut work out of the box. Look in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/Latexmk/ for full documentation and a Quick Start Guide as well as the .engine files. To activate the engines move the files with extension .engine two folders up, to ~/Library/TeXshop/Engines/ (Note: ~/Library/ is the Library folder in your HOME folder) and (re)start TeXShop. Then put the line

% !TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk

for using pdflatex, use xelatexmk to use xelatex or latexmk for latex->dvips->ps2pdf processing. All the processing should be completed.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)