[OS X TeX] Re: xelatex fail with TeX Live 2011

Antonio Fortin afortin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 18:47:58 EDT 2011

Herbert Schulz <herbs at ...> writes:
 > On Aug 13, 2011, at 2:11 PM, Antonio Fortin wrote:

 > > I've just installed TeX Live 2011 with MacTeX and my XeLaTeX files
now won't compile.

[snip]

 > It compiles fine with TL-2011 here. I'd make sure I have all my files
 > up to date using TeX Live Utility. There have been many updates since
 > TL-2011 (and MacTeX-2011) have been released. Looks like some
 > problems with the l3 experimental stuff that is used in fontspec.

TeX Live Utility says "No Updates Available". My TL-2011 is a full
install, so the only explanation I can think of is that it's corrupted,
somehow. I'll try doing a clean install and report back, unless you have
any other suggestions.

 > As an aside, the xltxtra package is no longer the preferred way to
 > load fontspec, etc. Use
 >
 > \usepackage{fontspec,metalogo,realscripts}
 >
 > instead. The fontspec package now contains much of the xunicode
 > package (which is also loaded by xltxtra) only missing the logo stuff
 > (e.g., \XeLaTeX) and real superscripts if the font used has them).

Thanks, that's very useful.

Cheers,
Antonio