[OS X TeX] Removing old ditributions

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Wed Aug 24 18:19:56 EDT 2011

Francois,

If by "old distributions" you mean 2009, 2008, etc., then it is safe to remove them.

Note, however, that "TeXLive-2010" and "TeXLive-2010-64" are the SAME distribution.
So please don't remove TeXLive-2010, thinking that you'll keep TeXLive-2010-64.
This confusing situation does not occur in TeXLive-2011; for TeXLive-2011 the
Pref Pane shows just one distribution wth a choice between universal binaries
and 64 bit binaries.

Dick Koch