[OS X TeX] No \kappa in Command Completion...

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Dec 14 09:32:24 EST 2011

Howdy,

Don't know how that happened but I managed to leave out \kappa from the Command Completion list. Here's how to easily add those completions: put the lines

\xk:=\kappa
xk:=\kappa
\dxk:=\(\kappa\)
dxk:=\(\kappa\)

in a new document in TeXShop and make sure to press Return after the last line; select all four lines and execute Source->Command Completion->Add Word (Shift-Cmd-W). From then on writing \xk and the Trigger (Esc by default but you can set it to Tab in Preferences) will produce \kappa while \dxk and the Trigger gives \(\kappa\) for an in-line kappa as part of the text.

I haven't added it to the default list or the documentation.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)