[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 50, Issue 14

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Dec 17 16:15:44 EST 2011

On Dec 17, 2011, at 2:56 PM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> But in the TeXShop Macro Editor, I saw no such item "Add macros from file...".  Is that for an older version of TeXShop (or the newest, Lion-only version)? In version , which I'm using under Snow Leopard, I finally figured out to use the "New Item" button. Then, rather than being able just to cite the Applescript file to use, I had to open the script in the Applescript editor (I presume any text editor would do, too) and then copy the script and paste it into the TeXShop Macro Editor's "Content" field, then Save it.

Howdy,

After opening the Macro Editor (Macros->Open Macro Editor…) the Macros Menu has two new items added, Macros->Add macros from file… and Macros->Save selection to file… .

If you have a recent version of TeXShop (2.43 or 3.0x) there should be a menu item Help->TeXShop Tips and Tricks. Take a look at that document since there are several helpful hints there.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)