[OS X TeX] Search order graphics extension

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Feb 9 16:39:37 EST 2011

On Feb 9, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 09.02.2011 um 17:42 schrieb Christian Pleul:
>
>> I use TeX Live and pdflatex. When a png file is available with the same name it firstly includes that before an eps file is inserted.
>

> That's correct behaviour: You cannot include an EPS file into PDF output.
>
> --
> Mit friedvollen Grüßen
>
>  Pete

Howdy,

With TeX Live 2010 the graphics package automatically includes the epstopdf package. You don't even need to use --shell-escape since, by default, pdf(la)tex uses a restricted form of shell escape by default. Of course what the does is automatically convert myfile.eps to myfile_eps_converted_to.pdf and includes that in the pdf.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)