[OS X TeX] Configuring LaTeX produced PDF's for a Kindle

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Jan 4 09:50:39 EST 2011

On Jan 4, 2011, at 8:25 AM, David Derbes wrote:

> The problem is that each page, though rendered perfectly on the Kindle (no problem with equations, diagrams, you name it), was in microscopic type. Yes, I could read it, but it would give you a migraine in twenty minutes.

An alternative solution would be a Kindle DX w/ its much larger screen.

> The links provided by William in this thread were extremely helpful, and I will investigate them further when I have some free time, in a few weeks.

Glad to hear it.

Arguably there needs to be some formal research into this (and that, something more than making bitmap images of pages) --- in particular we need a tool which will make equations into .svg images, adding the sort of baseline information which LaTeXiT adds when making an in-place equation, then get those placed into an ePub.

How ePub got approved w/o support for MathML I'll never understand.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer