[OS X TeX] margins / tabular / ls

Marinos Koutsomichalis marinos at agxivatein.com
Thu Jan 20 03:54:25 EST 2011

Hello,

I have a couple of questions

in a latex document I work with I use tabular sections with palin text inside and a fixed p{17.3cm}

but this prevents page breaks inside a table so the document is not exactly what I want

i tried longtable - and it' s better - but I want to prevent orphan section headings somehow - so that no seaction heading is left alone in the end of some page

and then

how can I set text margins so that all lines of  text are indented a couple of pts or cms but that the Section Headings are not

and how can I set the global space-after-paragraph size ?

thx !