[OS X TeX] emph and ``" on XeLaTeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jan 23 14:01:56 EST 2011

On Jan 23, 2011, at 12:54 PM, Marinos Koutsomichalis wrote:

> sorry for being totally noob
>
> \emph and `` " don' t seem to work on XeLaTeX even though I' ve included \defaultfontfeatures{Ligatures=TeX}
>
> ?

Could we please have a minimal but complete and compilable example so we can see exactly how you are using things? The information you are supplying isn't enough for us to know what's happening. What TeX Distribution are you using? Are you including xunicode (needed unless you are using the latest version of fontspec)? Also, could you put \listfiles at the top of your example and let us know what the output is or include the log file from your run.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)