[OS X TeX] Asymptote config

David Arnold dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Sat Jan 29 14:47:14 EST 2011

All,

I'm very new to Asymptote and was pleased to see that it's part of the mactex installation. However, this command responds that gv is not found:

david-arnolds-macbook-pro-2:asymptote darnold$ asy -V test
Cannot execute gv
Please put in a file config.asy:

import settings;
psviewer="LOCATION";

where LOCATION specifies the location of your PostScript viewer.

Alternatively, set the environment variable ASYMPTOTE_PSVIEWER
or use the command line option -psviewer="LOCATION". For further details, see
http://asymptote.sourceforge.net/doc/Configuring.html
http://asymptote.sourceforge.net/doc/Search-paths.html
david-arnolds-macbook-pro-2:asymptote darnold$ gv
-bash: gv: command not found

I've always wondered what is used in the mactex installation in place of gv.

By the way, this works fine on my mac:  asy -V -f pdf test

David