[OS X TeX] Tabular error & changing the numbering of subsections, ...

Don Green Dragon fergdc at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 30 21:29:43 EST 2011

Hello Pete,

>> <snip>>

>> Specify a complete second row of empty values between the two rows.
>>
>> \begin{tabular}{c | c | c}
>> A & B & C\\\hline
>>  &    &\\[-9pt]
>> F & F & F
>> \end{tabular}
>

> I did not receive the original message – but what about this?
>
> 	\usepackage{array}
>
> 	\setlength{\extrarowheight}{.25ex}
> 	\begin{tabular}{c | c | c}
> 	A & B & C\\\hline
> 	F & F & F
> 	\end{tabular

I had made a simple error in using \begin{tabular}, namely:

>> \begin{tabular}{c | c | c}
>> A & B & C\\
>> \hline\\[-9pt]
>> F & F & F
>> \end{tabular}

The above was a simplification of a more complicated example wherein I was trying to 'lift' the line <F F F> because of too much intervening whitespace above the line <F F F>.

I have yet to try out the various solutions on the original problem.

Thanks for showing how \extrarowheight can be used.

And thanks to everyone who responded so quickly. I'm usually a bit slow in replying. :-(

Don Green Dragon
fergdc at Shaw.ca