[OS X TeX] Creating a pdf for the APS journals

Paolo Calvani paolo.calvani at roma1.infn.it
Mon Jul 4 10:07:54 EDT 2011

Hi. I am trying unsuccessfully to create the pdf for the paper I am
writing in latex (Revtex) for a journal of the American Physical
Society. I often did that in the past with my previous macbook Pro and
the previous versions of TexShop, with no problems. Now that I have the
Intel i7 with Mac OsX 10.6.7, and TexShop vs. 2.43, I always get the
error message

/usr/texbin/mktexfmt: line xxx: /texconfig/tcfmgr: No such file or directory
fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.
I can't find the format file `pdflatex.fmt'!

Anybody can help me? Thanks in advance

Paolo from Rome