[OS X TeX] Preparing large non-tex text for use in latex

Eric van der Oord eric.vanderoord at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 02:07:23 EDT 2011

If you use TeXShop, you can run the following applescript macro to apply sed to a selected text of a TeXShop document :

--applescript
tell application "System Events"
	tell process "TeXShop"
		click menu item "Copier" of menu 1 of menu bar item "Édition" of menu bar 1
	end tell
end tell

do shell script " pbpaste > texfmr ;   sed -i 1 -f ~/Library/conversion/foo.txt texfmr ; pbcopy < texfmr ; rm texfmr ; rm texfmr1"

tell application "System Events"
	tell process "TeXShop"
		click menu item "Coller" of menu 1 of menu bar item "Édition" of menu bar 1
	end tell
end tell

--

 ~/Library/conversion/foo.txt contains the sed instructions.

texfmr is an auxiliary file.

In this script the menu item names are in french.

Eric