[OS X TeX] OS X TeX Font Loading Suggestion

Richard J Benish rjbenish at teleport.com
Mon Jul 18 16:26:55 EDT 2011

Hello,

After seeing yet another flurry of posts about loading fonts, with
all its high-tech questions and answers, I got the following idea.

Having a background in graphic arts and being old enough to remember
the days of Macintosh "font management" applications, why not have
such a thing for LaTex?

I love fonts. I've got thousands of them. But when it comes to LaTex,
I am way too unsavvy and way too intimidated to think of trying to
load any.

Why doesn't somebody write a program that automates the task for
people like me--who I'd guess are a lot more common than people who
would dare try to load a non-default font into LaTex?

Just thought I'd ask.

Richard Benish