[OS X TeX] Installing new fonts with MacTeX 2011

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jun 13 12:34:38 EDT 2011

On Jun 13, 2011, at 11:15 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 13 juin 2011 à 15:37, Herbert Schulz a écrit :
>
>> I don't understand. TLU runs tlmgr and if the map files are already enabled in the system they should remain enabled when tlmgr runs updmap-sys. Do you have TeX Live Utility->Preferences->install updates for all users checked?
>
> Yes
>
>> If not you are producing a personal map file which is interfering with your system wide map. That's why I always recommend installing fonts for all users and also placing them in the texmf-local tree rather than the personal tree.
>
> Yes now I think it's the better and safer method. I would like
> to move all the  fonts from my texmf to texmf-local,  how to proceed ?
> What I need to clean up ?
>
> greetings
>
> Alain

Howdy,

Move the all the font related files from the folders in your ~/Library/texmf/ tree to the corresponding folders in the /usr/local/texlive/texm-local/ tree (create those folders if necessary and you'll need your admin password to move them). Then remove them from your personal tree. Run

sudo mktexlsr

so that the TeX system ``knows'' they are in the new tree. Then run

sudo -H updmap-sys --syncwithtrees

and finally

sudo -H updmap-sys

although you may have to enable those maps you moved again using

sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map=mymap.map

where mymap.map is the particular map file and run it for each of those map files.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)