[OS X TeX] A Font question

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Jun 23 08:36:27 EDT 2011

On Jun 22, 2011, at 7:59 PM, soumya dipta wrote:

> I got interested in Baskerville fonts (for no apparent reason). I am curious if :
>
> I can produce Tex/Latex using Baskerville fonts?
>
> If yes, what is the relevant latex package (to be downloaded)? I have the full version of TexLive 2010.

For Mac OS X, one can use the bundled version of Baskerville using xelatex:

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Baskerville}
\begin{document}
This is set in the version of \emph{Baskerville} bundled w/ \textbf{\emph{Mac} OS X}.
\end{document}

No need to worry about font conversion of licensing issues.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer