[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 44, Issue 17

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 27 10:17:54 EDT 2011

On 26-06-2011, at 04:15, Mark Lim wrote:

> I am using a new mac mini hooked up to large 24 inch LCD HDMI screen for my work.
> I am also starting to use TeXShop.
>
> I need some help and working advice on installation of  GNUPLOT. I had Octave up.

I too was waiting to see who would answer. Gnuplot is not really a subject for this list.
My apologies.

I have installed the AquaTerm 1.0.1 framework in /Library/Frameworks  (standard place).
It is 32 bits.
Gnuplot can be compiled with explicit -m32 or -arch i386 options.
All libraries needed by Gnuplot and that I compile are built as static libraries (only libgd and libjpeg are needed all other libraries are in Mac OS X). So my Gnuplot doesn't need private frameworks and .dylib dynamic libraries. I generate a Gnuplot.app using Platypus.
Works well and no DY_LD... convolutions are needed.

There now appears to be an AquaTerm 1.1.0 that is both 32 and 64 bit enabled (see http://sourceforge.net/projects/aquaterm/files/).
I have tried it with my privately compiled Gnuplot. It seems to work but it doesn't clear the plot area before plotting a next plot. And the gnuplot clear command has no effect. Thus plots are superimposed on each other making a mess.
I have sent a message to the aquaterm users list.

Berend