[OS X TeX] TeXLive Utility hangs

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Fri Mar 4 17:37:58 EST 2011

On Mar 4, 2011, at 5:31 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2011, at 4:22 PM, Alan Munn wrote:

>>> Do you know what format(s) it was building? Was it -byfmt or -byengine and which format or engine?
>>

>> The progress window displays:
>>
>> 2011-03-04 14:54:18 -0500 tlu_ipctask	running fmtutil-sys --no-error-if-no-format --byengine tex ...
>>
>> Oddly enough, if I select the line in the progress window and paste it it says:
>>
>> 2011-03-04 14:54:18 -0500 Error tlu_ipctask[35529]	running fmtutil-sys --no-error-if-no-format --byengine tex ...
>>

> Hmmmm... try to compile a file using tex (on the command line, not through TeXShop since it uses etex instead of tex). Also try latex even though that really is running through pdftex in dvi mode.

Well I forced TLUtility to quit, and then started an interactive TeX session which worked fine.  So I guess I'll hope everything is ok.

Should I re-run the fmutil command?  (Although I don't know what the entire command is since the status window doesn't actually give the whole line.)

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at gmx.com