[OS X TeX] TS 2.38 parenthesis matching

Peter Vamos P.Vamos at exeter.ac.uk
Tue Mar 29 11:14:35 EDT 2011

Dick, thank you for a new exciting feature rich release of TeXShop.

I quickly tried the new parenthesis matching features. Two observations:
The previous method of parenthesis matching i.e. double clicking on
{}()[] still works.
The new feature doesn't work with delimited parenthesis \( \) for
inline math mode; \[ \] for display math mode and \{ \}. I think that
it would be desirable behaviour to match these as well but maybe
there is something i don't see here.

Finally it should be noted that if the warning (beep/flash) is turned
on then you can get false negatives:
\left(some math here\right] will trigger a warning although this is
syntactically correct.

Peter