[OS X TeX] Converting old eps files with TeXShop

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue May 24 16:10:50 EDT 2011

Clearly the eps files were not created with the font subsets embedded
in them.

It is probable that you do not have this font installed on your
computer or that the applications are not finding the path to where it
is, if it is.

You have essentially three options available to you. You can replace
the missing fonts with one that is appropriate, you can obtain the
missing the font if you do not have it, or you can add the path to
where it is to distiller if you do have it.

In your case, I would open the files in a drawing application such as
Illustrator and redefine the fonts. That is usually the quickest and
most painless approach. I would also ensure that the fonts were
embedded in the eps/pdf so that this problem does not recur.

Alan

--
Alan T Litchfield
AlphaByte