[OS X TeX] texshop default editor

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Nov 3 07:15:25 EDT 2011

On Nov 3, 2011, at 6:03 AM, Doris Behrendt wrote:

> hi list,
>
> some time ago I upgraded my distribution and since then when I open a .tex-file, it is opened by texworks; how can I change the default to be texshop again?
>
> tia
> doris

Howdy,

I assume you mean that Double Clicking the .tex document opens it in TeXworks. Right-Click or Ctl-Click on an .tex file and choose Get Info… . With the Info window open click on the triangle next to Open with: if that isn't already open. Click on the application popup and select TeXShop (or TeXShop.app if you are showing extensions) and then press Change All… . Allow the change for all files with extension .tex. That should do it.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)