[OS X TeX] Applescript in TS

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at me.com
Mon Nov 7 11:20:16 EST 2011

I have been using the following script to call excalibur from TS:

--AppleScript

tell application "Excalibur"
	activate
	open POSIX file #FILEPATH#
       activate
end tell

tell application "TeXShop"
	close window 1
end tell

With the source file active, the script used to pass the file to Excalibur and then close the TS file (to avoid double-editing). Recently, however, the script stopped passing the source file to Excalibur. Excalibur does launch, but it has no file to process.

If I change --AppleScript to --AppleScript direct, the source file is passed, TS closes the latex source window,  but then TS says "TeXShop got an error: AppleEvent timed out."

Can someone suggest a solution?

Thanks