[OS X TeX] TeXShop Sync Command

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 16:27:09 EDT 2011

On Oct 3, 2011, at 3:13 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2011, at 3:02 PM, Chris Goedde wrote:
>
>> In TeXShop 2.43, there's a contextual menu with a "Sync" command. I don't see this command anywhere in the menu bar. Is there a way to set a keyboard shortcut to activate this command?
>>
>> Chris
>
> Howdy,
>
> I'm using TeXshop 3 and see that Sync contextual menu item and it seems to be like Cmd-Click in that it is a sync between tex<->pdf but also seems to do a worse job. Am I missing something?

Obviously, I wasn't clear, since you and Dick gave the same response. What you're missing is I don't want to click. I want to show the preview of the page that corresponds to the current location of the cursor in the source window from a keyboard shortcut.

If "Sync" appeared as a command in the menu bar, I could attach a keyboard shortcut to it in the usual way and see what happens when I invoke it. Since it only appears in a contextual menu, I was wondering if there was any way to attach a keyboard shortcut to it. It might not work, but that's my question.

Chris