[OS X TeX] Tinkering with the argument of a \chapter

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Oct 24 14:18:20 EDT 2011

Am 24.10.2011 um 16:51 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

> I would like to have a chapter title to read "Base TEN" with the E and the N a bit smaller than the T with the T the same size as the B in Base. In other words what "Base \textsc{Ten}" would typeset but which, in the argument of \chapter, typesets "Base Ten".

I'd try something new: amsbook. It has \smaller as in

	\section[Base Ten]{Base T\smaller{EN}}	% chapter starts with \thispagestyle{plain}

but also understands and preserves

	\section[Base Ten]{Base \textsc{Ten}}

But \smaller looks better. You might have to use \cleardoublepage to finish a page because \section does not perform this.

--
Greetings

  Pete

For some reason, this fortune reminds everyone of Marvin Zelkowitz.