[OS X TeX] TeXpad (LaTeX iPad editor app) dev's blog post on Mac OS X appstore sandboxing

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Wed Apr 4 14:00:36 EDT 2012

Folks,

One more thing, and then I'll shut up and listen.

It MIGHT be possible to include LaTeX inside the sandbox of an App Store app,
distributing the app and the command line programs together, as Apple now does
with XCode.

However, I don't think that would be permitted because of the GPL software license
under which many components of TeX are released. Note that the Free Software
Foundation doesn't allow GPL apps on the iPad for that reason.

Dick Koch