[OS X TeX] More Minion Pro questions

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 24 00:43:50 EDT 2012

The MinionPro package manual indicates that it can load Minion Pro semibold fonts in addition to the regular and bold weights (using, for example, the medfamily option). The manual doesn't clearly indicate (at least to me) how you can access those semibold fonts, for example, by some equivalent of \bfseries. It would be nice to be able to use semibold in addition to bold fonts, or at minimum use semibold rather than bold. I would like to know if and how that could be done before purchasing the extra fonts.

(I hope I'm not getting too tiresome here as I'm learning about fonts.)

Richard Séguin