[OS X TeX] LaTeX conversion to eBook?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed Apr 25 12:52:45 EDT 2012

On Apr 25, 2012, at 12:33 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> As I seem to recall, about the only route I found was LaTeX ––>html / OpenOffice? ––> ePub (via Calibre).

That's workable, but runs into issues w/ graphics &c.

It's better to start from some XML format and go straight to ePub (which is a wrapper for a particular dialect of HTML / XML).

There has been some work w/ the LyX project to create an ePub export option and that is probably the optimal route (once it works).

There's already a lyx2kindle.py:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/projects/lyx2kindle/

so this is promising.

William