[OS X TeX] pdfopen in MacTeX useful?

Simon Murphy smurphy6 at uclan.ac.uk
Fri Aug 3 05:54:18 EDT 2012

I have, in the past, had issues uploading pdfs made with TeXShop to journal submission webpages.

From the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society file upload page:
	"Please do not use pdfTeX to create your PDF. We have found that PDFs created using pdfTex often fail. The latest version of pdfTeX is not currently supported by S1M."
Where S1M is Scholar One Manuscripts. So it's perhaps their issue, but why should there be a difference if pdfTex outputs a totally standard pdf?

Simon.