[OS X TeX] Font Installation MacTeX-2012

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Aug 8 12:34:13 EDT 2012

On Aug 8, 2012, at 11:06 AM, Thomas Schlömer wrote:

> Herb,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
>> Hmmm... as far as I can tell things are set up correctly. Where did you put the updmap.cfg file? Could you attach it?
>
> It's in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/web2c
>
> I attached it (hope this works this time).
>

>> There is another gentium.map file that is part of TL2012 (Gentium in TTF is distributed with TL2012 and the two map files are very different and used by ConTeXt) so you might have to first disable the gentium.map file and then enable it again:
>>
>> sudo -H updmap-sys --disable gentium.map
>> sudo -H updmap-sys
>>
>> to remove the already enabled map.
>
> This didn't help. But see my last email, maybe the output of updmap-sys helps nonetheless.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards
> Thomas S.

Howdy,

It came through fine and looks ok too.

I doubt this will help but... could you move the gentium.map file from /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map to /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips/gentium/ (you'll have to create that last one. Then

sudo -H mktexlsr
sudo -H updmap-sys --disable gentium.map
sudo -H updmap-sys

again. I think the map file should work where you had it but let's do the more traditional thing.

Please check again that a texlive directory doesn't exist in the Library directory in your HOME directory.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)