[OS X TeX] Font Installation MacTeX-2012

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Aug 8 15:41:09 EDT 2012

On Aug 8, 2012, at 2:21 PM, Thomas Schlömer wrote:

> Dear Michael,
>
>> Your collection worked as expected on my system, though I modified the names to psgentium so there would be no confusion with those in the distribution. The attached TDS contains the files, and worked with
>>
>> cd .../psgentiumTDS
>> sudo cp -Rfp * /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
>> sudo mktexlsr
>>
>> # add line Map psgentium.map to updmap.cfg in .../texmf-local/web2c, then
>>
>> sudo -H updmap-sys
>
> It works! Great!
>
> Any idea on why it did? The only two reasons I can think of are:
> 1) Because of the gentium for ConTeXt confusion
> 2) Putting the .fd files and the .sty file into tex/latex/psgentium, which had not done before
>
> Either way, it works. Many great thanks!
>
> Thomas

Howdy,

Thanks to Michael for putting that TDS together. What was different?

As far as point (2) is concerned... where did you have the .fd and .sty files before? I thought they were in /usr/local/texmf-local/tex/latex/gentium/ before (only difference is psgentium vs gentium)?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)