[OS X TeX] Font Installation MacTeX-2012

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Aug 8 16:48:10 EDT 2012

On Aug 8, 2012, at 3:38 PM, Thomas Schlömer wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> It works! Great!
>>>
>>> Any idea on why it did? The only two reasons I can think of are:
>>> 1) Because of the gentium for ConTeXt confusion
>>> 2) Putting the .fd files and the .sty file into tex/latex/psgentium, which had not done before
>>>
>>> Either way, it works. Many great thanks!
>>>
>>> Thomas
>>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> Thanks to Michael for putting that TDS together. What was different?
>>
>> As far as point (2) is concerned... where did you have the .fd and .sty files before? I thought they were in /usr/local/texmf-local/tex/latex/gentium/ before (only difference is psgentium vs gentium)?
>
> You're right. The *.fd files were there before but not the .sty file. I had the .sty file just in the directory of my tex sources (as I always had and as is still needed).
>
> Regards
> Thomas S.

Howdy,

Have you tried to remove the gentium.sty file from the same directory as the .tex file? The one in .../texmf-local/... will be found!

I doubt that is the real difference. More than likely it was the renaming of the gentium.map file to psgentium.map which removed an interference with the gentium.map file that is part of TL2012 (and NOT included in TL2011 and earlier).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)