[OS X TeX] Font Installation MacTeX-2012

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Aug 9 05:25:07 EDT 2012

Am 08.08.2012 um 18:34 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> Then
>
> sudo -H mktexlsr
> sudo -H updmap-sys --disable gentium.map
> sudo -H updmap-sys
>
> again.

Enabling the Gentium PS fonts MAP file fragment is missing. And by using the same name for the MAP file fragment you're out of luck…

I think this is not the correct behaviour:

I simply created with touch an empty file gentium.map. The first time it was in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map. I ran mktexlsr (with elevated privileges) and simply invoked 'kpsewhich gentium.map' as myself privately. The TeX Live file (/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/fonts/map/pdftex/gentium/gentium.map) was found. So I moved my empty gentium.map file to the more reasonable /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips directory, ran mktexlsr again. Still the TeX Live file is found. OK, how is it with Gentium.map instead of gentium.map? Renamed, updated, found! One more try: moving /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips/local/Gentium.map to /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips/local/gentium.map, running mktexlsr – again the TeX Live file wins.

That's why I think that there is a possible bug, because usually the files in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local take precedence over those in /usr/local/texlive/<year>.

The most important aspect – which Michael Sharpe followed – is: Never (re-)use the (same) name of a file that is already used by TeX Live for some private project!

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Atheism is a non prophet organisation.