[OS X TeX] TeXLive Utility doesn't appear in Notification Center

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at me.com
Fri Aug 24 12:41:21 EDT 2012

On Aug 24, 2012, at 8:26, "Gary L. Gray" <glgray at me.com> wrote:

> At which point I went into the Notifications pref pane and saw that TLUNotifier was no longer there. I then ran TeX Live Utility, went to:

Just launching TLU should be sufficient, as I register TLUNotifier with Launch Services at startup.  Did you do anything to reset the Launch Services database?

An update hopefully wouldn't cause this, unless perhaps you downloaded TLU, moved it into place manually, then didn't launch it. If the problem persists, let me know. I could try moving it to Application Support so I have a fixed path, rather than relying on Launch Services to find it.  Not sure that'll work with gatekeeper since I don't use an Apple signing ID...

Sorry for the trouble.

Adam