[OS X TeX] magnifier lens bug in TeXShop's preview window

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 10:59:52 EDT 2012

On Aug 29, 2012, at 9:48 AM, RA Friedrich Vosberg <fv at rafv.de> wrote:

> May I please remind on my currently unsolved issue.
>
> Am 24.08.2012 um 18:43 schrieb Friedrich Vosberg <listen at rafv.de>:
>
>> Am 24.08.2012 um 15:09 schrieb Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>:
>>
>>> I'm not sure what you mean by Tap vs Click.
>>
>> Tap means to tap/to tip the magic trackpad without so much pressure that the click button is pressed mechanically.
>>
>>> I must double click to magnify, triple click to get a larger section and quadruple click to do a full magnification.
>>
>> Yes. But it works only if one uses the mechanical click, but not if I only tap/tip the magic trackpad. When only tap-/tipping, the magnification appears only for a snatch, but disappears immediately.
>
> The magnification works not properly if one only tips the trackpad but not pushes it.

I don't think this is a problem with TeXShop, it's just that taps are different than clicks.

If you go into System Preferences, Accessibility, Mouse & Trackpad, Trackpad Options…, and select "Enable Dragging", then a double-tap will provide magnification in the TeXShop preview. Of course, this has other side effects as well …

Chris