[OS X TeX] PSA: BBEdit package for writing Latex

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 3 23:02:34 EST 2012

On Feb 3, 2012, at 8:04 PM, Vic Norton wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2012, at 11:38 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> On Feb 2, 2012, at 11:26 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't tried this (yet), but I thought the BBEdit aficionados might be interested in this:
>>>
>>> http://nb.nathanamy.org/latex-bbpackage/
>>
>> Grigg says there that "[TeXShop] is perfect for beginning or longtime LaTeX users. [But] ..."
>
> I use TeXShop and BBEdit. My basic working document is in TeXShop. It looks like this:
>
>   % !TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk
>
>   \documentclass[12pt, letterpaper]{article}
>>   \begin{document}
>      some TeX
>      \include{stdmodel}
>      \include{geometry}
>      \include{linspaces-and-flats}
>      \include{risk-components}
>   \end{document}
>
> The \include files, stdmodel.tex, etc., are written with BBEdit.
>
> I particularly like the line wrapping feature of BBEdit. Typically I maintain 72-character lines.
>
> In the end, I copy all my BBEdit files into one TeXShop file---but I prefer to work things out in BBEdit. I feel I have more control there.
>
> I have been using BBEdit since it was freeware. Perhaps I am prejudiced.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vic

I've been using the BBEdit/Skim combination for years now, and love it. I especially like BBEdit's syntax coloring and the clippings feature. Don't forget Maarten Sneep's integration scripts,

http://msneep.home.xs4all.nl/latex/

which also work with (or can be made to work with) TextWrangler.

Richard Séguin