[OS X TeX] unlocking a source file in TeXShop

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Fri Feb 10 12:44:31 EST 2012

According to the "New Features" item on the Texhsop/Lion web site, a file which has been locked can be unlocked by clicking on the word "locked" at the top of the file window.  But when I did this just now on a file, I got a box saying that this file cannot be unlocked, but I can duplicate it and edit that.  If I do so, will that automatically become a replacement for the old one?---this file is one of many in a book project, all relating to a different project root.  Or is there a way to unlock even when I get that error message?
I am running 3.06 on a new iMac.

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University