[OS X TeX] unlocking a source file in TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Feb 13 09:08:55 EST 2012

On Feb 13, 2012, at 7:36 AM, Eric van der Oord wrote:

> Good idea !
>
> Eric
>
> Le 13 févr. 2012 à 12:18, Themis Matsoukas a écrit :
>
>> Personally I find the file locking feature insane and I have turned it off. You can do that from the Time Machine Options (in system preferences).

Howdy,

Or extend the time period out to something more reasonable; like 1 year of inactivity.

But I still wonder if the inability to Unlock the file means that either the file isn't owned by you, the write permissions don't allow you to write to that file or the file is locked in some other way. In all cases of coming across locked file I want to edit (I have the lock interval set to 1 year) I've been able to unlock the file by clicking on the Locked word and Unlocking the file from the popup menu.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)