[OS X TeX] How upgrade TeXShop 2.43 to 3.04+ under Lion

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Feb 15 13:21:57 EST 2012

On Feb 15, 2012, at 10:09 AM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> I installed TeXShop 2.43 (with TeXLive-2011) under Snow Leopard. Now I've upgraded the OS to Lion. What do I do to upgrade to the Lion version of TeXShop?
>
> Specifically:
>
> 1. What if anything is needed to preserve customizations I made?
>
> 2. Anything special to get rid of 2.43 besides moving it to trash?

Howdy,

TeXShop 2.xx will not automatically update to TeXShop 3.xx because the latter is Lion only. You've got to go to <http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/lion.html> and download it from there. I suggest downloading the TeXShop Experimental Version 3.06. Simply replace your 2.43 version with the 3.06 version and things should be fine.

On the other hand, have you used the TeX distribution since updating to Lion? If there are any problems with using the distribution (e.g., Does

echo $PATH

run in Terminal contain /usr/texbin? Does TeXShop find the TeX distribution?) it is most likely because the Lion installer may remove some files. There is a FixMacTeX2011.pkg.zip file at <http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/lion.html> that may fix all that up.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)