[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 52, Issue 14 (local texmf tree)

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 18:27:50 EST 2012

I'm the only user of this system (and I'm running on an account with
administrator privileges).

Is it therefore OK if everything now in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
be put instead into ~/Library/texmf?

Or are there some things that TeXShop or TeXLive expect to be only in
one of these?

What additional steps must I take if...

   (i) I move everything now in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local to
~/Library/texmf instead?

  (ii) I move everything now in ~/Library/texmf to
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local?