[OS X TeX] TeXShop automatic hiding/unhiding of root file

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Tue Jan 10 17:49:59 EST 2012

Just to add to the confusion:

On Jan 10, 2012, at 14:28 , roberto avanzi wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2012, at 22:01 , Herbert Schulz wrote:
>> On Jan 10, 2012, at 10:53 AM, roberto avanzi wrote:

> I have 3.06 and also with 3.06 I have the same problem.
>
> So, create in a folder four files called 1.tex, 2.tex, 3.tex and main.tex

I created all four files in a new folder (using emacs), and then opened 'main' in TeXShop, and typeset.  Then, reading your script more closely (:-}) I opened the three other files as well.  As each of the three files was opened, 'main.tex' was minimized (went to the dock) and then reopened from the dock.

I then made 'main.tex' the front-most window, and quit TeXShop.

On relaunching TeXShop, I did not see the pyrotexnics you mention: all windows opened more or less simultaneously, and 'main.pdf' (not .tex!) was front-most, but not "selected":  One of the subsidiary .tex files was selected (title bar was dark) but obscured by 'main.pdf'.

This is using TeXShop 3.06 on Mac OS X 10.7.1.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb