[OS X TeX] TeXShop automatic hiding/unhiding of root file

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jan 10 20:22:10 EST 2012

On Jan 10, 2012, at 4:57 PM, roberto avanzi wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2012, at 23:50 , Herbert Schulz wrote:

> [...]
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Strangely I wasn't seeing this behavior and then I suddenly did see it but I'm not sure what made it come and then go away. Are you selecting the files and ``re-opening'' them? You don't have to do that with that auto-re-open option set; just open TeXShop.
>
> Yes, I am not reopening the files. I was just clicking on the TeXShop icon (I have it in the Dock). I just open TeXShop and that weird behaviour happens.
>
> This is quite annoying.  But so is (for me) the fact that if I open an included file (with a reference to the root), the root file is opened and minimized to the Dock automatically.  Is there an option to NOT minimize these windows automatically?  I need only that.
>
> Roberto

Howdy,

The real problem is figuring out under what circumstances this happens since it wasn't happening for me and then suddenly (don't know what I did) started to happen and then it stopped (don't know what I did) happening. Clearly, there is something that triggers it and in all my usual tests it didn't show up.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)