[OS X TeX] Does {ntheorem} have a bug related to \newshadedtheorem ?

Michael Welsh yomcat at yomcat.geek.nz
Wed Jan 11 03:49:57 EST 2012

Okay, this is weird. There's some interactions going on between pstricks, ato-pst-pdf and ntheorem that don't work right, no matter what I do. However, there is a hack, which works for me:

\documentclass [11pt, fleqn, leqno] {book}

\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{color}
\usepackage[amsthm, framed, thref]{ntheorem}
\usepackage{framed}

\theoremclass{Theorem}
\theoremstyle{break}
\def\theoremframecommand{\colorbox{yellow}}
\newshadedtheorem{thmshaded}{YellowBackTheorem}[chapter]

\begin{document}

\chapter{On Trial}\label{yellowbird}

Let's put some text in here.

\begin{thmshaded}[Named] 	% YellowBackTheorem
\label{yellowguy}
This is the statement of a shaded theorem \dots. Set by \texttt{thmshaded}.
\end{thmshaded}

The theorem with the yellow background and optional ID
``(Yellow Bird)'' is \ref{yellowbird} and there's also \ref{yellowguy}

\end{document}