[OS X TeX] Does {ntheorem} have a bug related to \newshadedtheorem ?

Don Green Dragon fergdc at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 11 22:41:43 EST 2012

hello Herb and Michael,

Thanks for your observations. I will reply to Michael's earlier message after I've done some experimenting with his code.

On 11Jan2012, at 10:45 AM, Michael Welsh wrote:

> On 12/01/2012, at 3:25 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>

>> Why are you using both auto-pst-pdf (which is a wrapper for pst-pdf used with pdflatex) and pstricks (to be used with latex->dvips->ps2pdf [i.e., tex->dvi->ps->pdf])? Are you using lots of pstricks or are you including eps or pdf figures?
> I'm not. It was causing the issues for Don, and I couldn't get his code to compile without it.
>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> Well, maybe I understand that.
>>
>> What editor are you using?
> TeXShop. Don was SL and whatever version that is, and I'm the latest Lion one.

Confirmed. Here, TeXShop is 2.43 and Snow Leopard is 10.6.8

As Michael noted, without the line

	\usepackage{auto-pst-pdf}

I could not get the code to compile. I don't know twit about {pstricks}, hence was just stumbling around trying to find some combination that would work. The reason I stuck the line \usepackage{auto-pst-pdf} in the source code was because of the following error message:

./Ntheorem.tex:195: LaTeX Error: You have run the document with pdflatex, but PSTricks
               requires latex->dvips->ps2pdf or alternatively the use
               of the package `auto-pst-pdf'. Then you can run
                 `pdflatex -shell-escape <file>' (TeX Live)
               or
                 `pdflatex -enable-write18 <file>' (MikTeX).

I made no attempt to run  `pdflatex -shell-escape <file>' having no idea what <file> alluded to.

I'm surprised that Michael's example produced a theorem-like environment via {ntheroem} with a coloured background (other than grey) as I had presumed that {pstricks} was needed for that. But ..... not so!

Don Green Dragon
fergdc at Shaw.ca