[OS X TeX] "Save as"

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jan 16 07:40:43 EST 2012

On Jan 15, 2012, at 9:34 PM, Michael Welsh wrote:

> On 16/01/2012, at 3:00 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>
>> No bug in TeXShop. It's a feature of Lion.
>
> To duplicate a .tex as a .txt? Sounds like a bug to me.

Howdy,

That part may be TeXShop's fault (e.g., other apps may not do that) but the original comment was about the missing File->Save As… menu item and that is all Lion and TeXShop 3 has those features turned on.

As I mentioned you need only add the .tex extension when you save it and all is well. Of course, this is a work around not a solution. I still think that files that you use as a template should simply be made a template and placed in ~/Library/TeXShop/Templates/.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)