[OS X TeX] Texshop and Revert/Save Anyway

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at me.com
Thu Jan 19 10:13:06 EST 2012

This a small feature request for TS (assuming it is doable in Lion):

I use Claus's applescript to run excalibur on open TS documents. If there are spelling errors, I save the corrected file in excalibur. When I go back to TS and ask to save, it gives me the option to Revert or Save Anyway. So far so good. If I start editing in TS after spell-checking without having saved n TS first, and then at some later point choose to save, I get again the Revert or Save Anyway option. But now, if I choose to Revert I lose the editing, and if I chose to Save Anyway I lose the spelling corrections. It would be nice if TS would me the option to Revert or Save Anyway as soon as I start typing on a file that has been modified externally. This is not a serious inconvenience since I can always accept the edits and then spell-check one more time, but it would make my workflow easier.

Themis