[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 51, Issue 28

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 16:13:00 EST 2012

On Jan 31, 2012, at 2:38 PM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> The real miracle is that the user needs to do nothing: no browser
> plug-in, no installation of special fonts. If the fonts are needed,
> they are downloaded on-the-fly from the cloud and instantly used.

I totally agree of course. But Brachet's PhpMathPublisher does not
require the reader "to install [anything] on [her/]his system:
neither fonts, nor plugins ..." either. But it was a bit too much for
me and I didn't use it much.

So, that MathJaX is totally easy on the author is not to be sneezed
at and MathJax made me go back to a page on Lagrange's Differential
Calculus---using a lot of stuff I have in LaTeX---which I had given
up on years ago.

However, it is not possible to just take a piece in LaTex and dump it
into an html page.

Changing displaymath to \[ ...\] is of course no problem but changing
$ ..... $ to \( ... \) does not seem that easy.

And placing \emph{local} within \(   \) results in \emphlocal with
\emph in red and local italicized.

So, more generally, one hopes that something like TTH could be
modified to work with MathJax. (Quite obviously, this is completely
beyond me.)

Regards
--schremmer