[OS X TeX] Malayalam and other Indian languages on Mac

NMPOST7 nmpost7 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 08:34:07 EDT 2012

On 04/07/2012 14:19, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> If you saw Malayalam in the e-mail that was sent you should have a font that has that script.
You might try to print that e-mail to pdf and see what font is included in that
pdf for the Malayalam text.
I use Adobe Reader to see that but I know there are CLI commands to tell you the
fonts used in the pdf.

Thank you for that tip. I just did it and checked the document properties, where
the fonts are named.

Two fonts are names:
1. AnjaliOldLipi (embedded Subset) ttf, encoding: built-in
2. courier (embedded subset) ttf, encoding: Roman

Strangely enough. I did try using AnjaliOldLipi (available in fontbook) but
xelatex complained about the non availability of the font!

cheers
suren