[OS X TeX] MacTeX 2012 status

Yvon Thoraval yvon.ubuntu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 09:37:34 EDT 2012

2012/7/8 Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>

> Howdy,
>
> I'd guess that the size difference has more to do with the new way Apple
> creates pkg files than anything else.
>
> By the way, there have been some folks that said that tlmgr (or TeX Live
> Utility) updated their TeX Live 2011 to 2012. Don't Do That!. The
> updmap(-sys) in TeX Live 2012 operates differently than the version in TeX
> Live 2011 and could cause problems with future updates. simply download and
> install MacTeX-2012.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz

 I've allready instaled TL 2012 thru MacTeX on my iMac however i'd like
having the "same" verison, saying TL2012, on my Dell running Xubuntu.
There I've also installed, using a DVD, TL2011, then your advice is not to
use tlmgr (v. 2011), better download an iso, burn it etc ???
Is the TeXLive 2012 iso available somewhere ?