[OS X TeX] apostrophe getting gobbled in TeXShop 3.11

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 15:59:06 EDT 2012

Somewhere along the line of upgrading TeXShop to the current 3.11,
something seems to have changed so that now, if I type an apostrophe in
the source, it gets gobbled up and never appears in the output.

I'm currently running the TeXShop.app that was installed by MacTeX 2012
(although, I presume, my settings persisted from the earlier 3.11 I had
installed for use with MacTeX 2011).

What setting controls this?
Murray Eisenberg                     murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
80 Fearing Street                    phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Amherst, MA 01002-1912